14 OCT 2014 Anti-bribery Seminar
Tuesday, October 14, 2014
12:00 - 14:00
Function room 1-2, VIE HOTEL BANGKOK
1. AustCham member only – ฿850.00
For any employee of an AustCham member company. If you don't have a website log-in, apply at http://www.austchamthailand.com/websiteaccess.
2. Non-members – ฿1,200.00
Non-members are very welcome to participate in this event.
3. Sponsor and Pre-paid voucher
If you have a lunch voucher please register in this category and we will collect the voucher at the door. Please note that no-shows will be invoiced
Under Australian law, foreign bribery is an offense for both individuals and corporate entities. Penalties are severe including jail terms and / or fines up to millions of dollars.
If you are an Australian business or have Australian ownership, or are an Australian individual doing business in Thailand then this seminar is important for you. With the increased scrutiny that the Australian government is placing on Australian companies doing business with foreign governments, you need to ensure that you understand your obligations and position when doing business either directly or indirectly with the Thai government.
AustCham is delighted to host this event which brings together expert speakers who will:
- Outline the elements of bribery and the expectations of business when working with government (zero tolerance to foreign bribery)
- Australian business obligations under relevant Australian laws, specifically the need to conduct due diligence on agents and other third parties
- Describe situations where bribery may be imputed for the purpose of prosecution in Australia
- Provide an overview of risk assessment and mitigation strategies for businesses to avoid bribery
- Present overarching analysis and updates of the trends in business ethics and anti-bribery, with a focus on developments in Asia Pacific and Australia.
David Tonkin is Austrade's Manager for Legal Services. He has been directly involved in a number of high profile cases dealing with issues of corruption and transparency in international trade. In 2011, David managed the roll out of an anti-bribery training for Austrade's staff throughout its 100 offices in 60 countries.
Federal Agent Darren Booy has been a member of the Australian Federal Police for 24 years. He is the AFP’s Senior Liaison Officer based at the Australian Embassy in Bangkok. Darren has extensive investigations experience having worked in many domestic and international roles including specialised roles in Aviation, Counter Terrorism, Crime Operations and Special References.
Cancellation policy: Reservations not cancelled within 2 business days of the event will be charged as a no-show and will be invoiced. If the event falls on a Monday or is preceded by a holiday, cancellation is required by the previous business day.
Tuesday 14 October 2014
12:00 Registration opens
12:00 - 13:45 Lunch and followed by talk
13:45 - 14:00 Q&A session
Baht 850 for members
Baht 1,200 for non-members
Function room 1-2,
VIE HOTEL BANGKOK
Bookings and Further Information:
for further information and bookings, or click "register" below
Reservations not cancelled within 2 business days of the event will be charged as a no-show and will be invoiced. If the event falls on a Monday or is preceded by a holiday, cancellation is required by the previous business day.