The Global Battle for Fostering Talent & Skills: strategies and perspectives in attracting and retaining the best to drive economic growth post-COVID 19.
The Australian-Thai Chamber of Commerce (AustCham) invites members to join us for a Member Briefing on “The Global Battle for Fostering Talent & Skills: strategies and perspectives in attracting and retaining the best to drive economic growth post-COVID 19”.
As the world navigates a post-COVID-19 new normal, the global fight for talent will only intensify as countries compete to attract the best people to help accelerate economic recovery. The pandemic has created profound challenges to our traditional understanding of the best approaches to adopt, causing a rethink to many aspects of business, education, and migration policies in the process. Nowhere is this seen as more important than in Australia where policymakers, state governments and educators are intensifying their collective thinking over the best way to ensure Australia and Australian Business and educators are the first choice for talent. What is clear is that choice and competition for the best has only increased placing new demands on policy makers, educators and employers to come together to create a unique package that will resonate with talent in Thailand and beyond.
This session will involve a panel of distinguished speakers from Thailand, SE Asia and Australia to provide different insights as to how they are seeking to position Australian and Australian employers and educators with talent.
- Kendal Draper; Global Talent Officer, SE Asia, Australia Global Business and Attraction Taskforce
- Eamon Fitzpatrick; Board Member, Migration Council Australia
- M L Laksasubha Kridakon; President, Australian-Thai Chamber of Commerce
- Moderator: Stephen Healy; Co-Founder and Managing Director, Nurture Higher Education Group
Date: Wednesday 11 May 2022
Time: 17.00 - 18.00
· Free of charge for AustCham members.
Note: due to limited capacity, this event is for AustCham members only
Please register in advance, as walk-ins are not allowed for this event
Limited spaces, please book early to avoid disappointment
COVID-19 Requirements: Attendees must be able to show proof of at least double vaccinated and a Negative test result (ATK/RT-PCR) conducted within 24 hours of arriving at the event.
Please see here for more details: AustCham’s COVID-19 Guidelines for events
Location: Floor 7, Social Room, SO/ Bangkok
Sundowners event policy:
· Due to COVID-19 restrictions and limited event space, registrations in advance are required and we will not accept walk-ins at this event.
Payment and Cancellation policy:
· Advance payment is required to confirm your registration and if payment not made 24 hours before event, your place will be passed on to the waiting list.
· Free cancellation within 24 hours before the event and payments are refundable or transferred to next event’s credit.
· Cancellations received less than 24 hours (1 days) and no-shows are NOT able to receive neither a refund nor credit. For those who haven’t paid will be charged with invoice unconditionally.
AustCham would like to thank our sponsors for this month
The premiere of urban SO/ Bangkok, a place where design meets pleasure, where technology meets comfort and where people meet people. The first truly urban design hotel in Bangkok - casual and approachable - SO/ Bangkok is refined and elegant. It features:
- A prime location in the heart of Bangkok with easy access to public transportation and Lumpini park offering a stunning view of vibrant Bangkok.
- Themed accommodation created around the Five Elements.
- Strong design features; five reputable Thai interior designers, an award-winning Thai architect and a world renown French fashion designer linking Thai culture with French elegance.
- Advanced technology for lifestyle and surprising experience,
- Free WIFI
- Innovative F&B concepts with rooftop dining experiences and market-style restaurant.
Nurture HE Group Ltd
Formed in January 2017, the Nurture Higher Education Group focuses on the crucial intersection of learners, educators and employers.
We believe that advising and creating new approaches which connect an understanding of the needs of a new generation of learners with employment and enterprise outcomes will ensure the success and sustainable contribution of higher education institutions worldwide.
We provide a unique blend of public and private sector higher education internationalisation experience with world class Business School leaders and practitioners. Our consulting practice support clients who range from Universities to Governments in the UK, Australia, and Asia.
We are the creators of Goal Business Education, an initiative to create a global network of universities operating a common business education curriculum for undergraduate and postgraduate awards for students from around the world. The launch partners for Goal Business Education are the University of Newcastle Australia (UON) and the University of the Thai Chamber of Commerce (UTCC). Over the next five years Goal Business Education will operate in a further 20 countries in addition to the launch partnership in Thailand with UTCC which began enrolling students from August 2019 under the innovative Two Degree Program initiative.