The Australian-Thai Chamber of Commerce (AustCham), together with Foreign Chambers Alliance (FCA) partners the American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (AMCHAM), British Chamber of Commerce Thailand (BCCT) and German-Thai Chamber of Commerce (GTCC), invite members and guests to join us for a dinner briefing on “EV Readiness and Adoption in Thailand” with Mr. Suvicha “Tom” Sudchai, Chief Executive Officer, EVME PLUS Company Limited, Thailand’s full-service EV ownership experience platform. As the leader of the automotive manufacturing country in ASEAN, Thailand is making a huge step to offer a cleaner transportation option. The electric vehicle is the star of these decades that will change not just how you fuel your cars but also how you live and play. While the number of EVs worldwide is expected to grow in the following years aggressively, Thailand is currently in the early phase of EV adoption. There are massive opportunities for suppliers, manufacturers, and consumers in this sector. Where are we now? What is needed to be done to foster this greener society? And how can you take part in the EV adoption in Thailand?
- Mr. Suvicha “Tom” Sudchai, Chief Executive Officer, EVME PLUS Company Limited
Khun Tom has an astonishing background in information technology, especially in product development, structural design, planning strategy, and product management. Through his specialty, Khun Tom spent his initial career working with leading global companies such as Accenture, Deloitte, and IBM in several the United States and Asia-Pacific countries. Before joining "EVME PLUS", he was a senior executive at big name banks such as SCB, KTB, and one of the FinTech and Blockchain industry pioneers in Thailand. Khun Tom graduated with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and a Master's of Business Administration from the University of Texas.
- Martin Brengartner, CFO and Vice President of Mercedes-Benz Thailand Group
Martin Brengartner has joined Mercedes-Benz since 1990 and since then worked in various roles in areas of finance and controlling, retail network development and business management in Mercedes-Benz headquarters and internationally. He held assignments as a CFO in several country organizations of Mercedes-Benz, predominantly in Asia and the Middle East. Before joining Mercedes-Benz Thailand Group as a CFO and Vice President in July 2021, Martin was the CFO and VP for Mercedes-Benz in Middle East , located in Dubai.
- Phakdiphibul “Prune” Ansvananda, Chief Investments Officer, Espro Noodoe Co., Ltd.
Khun Prune trained in Engineering, Economics, and the Management of both Public & Private Sectors with over two decades of Strategic Visioning/Systems Thinking, Control and Auditing Mechanisms for Effectiveness, Financial and Operational Restructurings for both public & private sectors. These educational experiences spanned from Israel, US, Thailand with continuous updates on ranges of knowledge via various online/executive platforms, globally. Prior Experiences: Economist vis-à-vis Consultant for Thai Governmental policy-making bodies (now, Post-COVID crises/risk management toward rural grassroots) and at various consulting and rating agency on auditing and evaluating of various state enterprises, involved with research & development, science & technology, cultural & social propagation, as well as government agencies; Finance Manager on financial restructuring of automotive industry during the post Asian Crisis years; Catalyst for financial modeling of many start-ups and engaged with project management for large scale infrastructure project and providing advice to entrepreneurial start-ups or minor business initiatives.
- Dwight Willis, CEO DollarSmart Global and AustCham Director
When: Thursday, June 9, 2022 || 18:00 - 20:30 hrs.
18.00 - 18:30 Registration
18.30 - 19:30 Presentation and panel discussion
19.30 - 20.30 Networking
Cost: 1,300THB for Foreign Chamber Alliance (FCA) partner members
1,900THB for non-members
* includes 3-course meal, beer, wine, and soft drinks
** Foreign Chambers Alliance (FCA) partner members are Australian-Thai Chamber of Commerce (AustCham), American Chamber of Commerce in Thailand (AMCHAM), British Chamber of Commerce Thailand (BCCT) German-Thai Chamber of Commerce (GTCC)
Location: Ballroom, SO/ Bangkok
Please register in advance, as walk-ins are not allowed for this event
Limited spaces, please book early to avoid disappointment
COVID-19 Requirements: Attendees must be able to show proof of at least double vaccinated and a Negative test result (ATK/RT-PCR) conducted within 24 hours of arriving at the event.
Please see here for more details: AustCham’s COVID-19 Guidelines for events
· Due to COVID-19 restrictions and limited event space, registrations in advance are required and we will not accept walk-ins at this event.
· Kindly note that by registering for this event, you are providing consent for your details to be shared with our partners for this event.
Payment and Cancellation policy:
· Advance payment is required to confirm your registration and if payment not made 24 hours before event, your place will be passed on to the waiting list.
· Free cancellation within 24 hours before the event and payments are refundable or transferred to next event’s credit.
· Cancellations received less than 24 hours (1 days) and no-shows are NOT able to receive neither a refund nor credit. For those who haven’t paid will be charged with invoice unconditionally.
COVID-19 Update : AustCham Thailand strongly recommends that members and guests read the notice provided by Thailand’s Department of Disease control and take measures accordingly before attending the above event: https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php
For more information on COVID-19 protective measures: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
Payment and Cancellation policy:
1. Payment MUST be made in advance to confirm your reservation
2. Cancellations must be made at least 48 hours (2 days) before the event via email or phone call to the AustCham office. Note that cancellations received less than 48 hours (2 days) are not able to receive a refund and are not eligible for transfer or exchange.
3. For those who intend to pay at the door, late cancellation notice or non-attendance will be charged with no-show invoice unconditionally
AustCham would like to thank our event sponsor:
WHA Industrial Development Public Company Limited
WHA Industrial Development PLC. (WHA ID), a subsidiary of WHA Corporation PCL., is Thailand’s leading developer of Industrial Estates, Utilities, Power, and Property Solutions. Multinational companies have selected WHA’s industrial estates as the strategic location for their investments in Thailand. WHA ID offer developed Industrial land, Utilities, Ready Built factories for rent, quality industrial services, and an integrated logistics and supply chain.
WHA ID develops and operates 11+ industrial estates, mostly located in the Eastern Economic Corridor [EEC], covering 48,900 rai (7,824 hectares) and 875,000 square meters of Ready Built Factories with Built to Suit requirement and Logistics Parks. WHA’s industrial estates has been promoted to Industrial Promotion Zone under EEC program such as Aerospace & Logistics, Next Generation Automotive, Robotics & Automotive Industry, and etc. Our 837 distinct customers include 276 automotive customers with 1,274 Land or factory contracts have invested more than USD 33.9 billion.